Monday, January 19, 2015
This shot took me 4 tries. The first try was right after I took the guitar pictures, and since I had everything setup, it was easy to swap out the guitar for the lamp. The problem was the daylight through the windows reflected off the bulb in a way that I did not like. The second and third tries were after sunset, but had issues with focus, exposure, and fingerprints on the bulb - all of which were my fault. After the third try I cleaned the bulb. For the fourth try, I adjusted the exposure in the camera before taking the shot, to get it so you could just see the glass outline of the bulb. This wound up being much more effective than trying to fix it later in Lightroom. I feel like this experience caused me to level up.
Posted by Andy Roth at 9:46 AM
Labels: Edison bulb, light bulb, macro
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment