It was worth the lugging and the odd looks to take my tripod to the top of the CN Tower in Toronto, Ontario to take some long exposure shots as the sun went down. The tripod did not help with tourists and the reflections and smudges on the glass. Those took some creative MacGuyverism and patience to overcome.
Canada is a mecca for luxury hotels. The Four Seasons and Fairmont chains both have Canadian origins and/or management and numerous small luxury hotels dot the northern landscape from British Columbia to Newfoundland.
The Best Luxury Hotels list.
1. Hotel Gault, Montreal, Quebec
2. Hotel Nelligan, Montreal, Quebec
3. Fairmont Vancouver Airport, Richmond, British Columbia
4. Le Saint-Sulpice, Montreal, Quebec
5. Auberge Saint-Antoine, Quebec City, Quebec
6. Loews Hotel Vogue, Montreal, Quebec
7. Post Hotel & Spa, Lake Louise, Alberta
8. Wedgewood Hotel & Spa, Vancouver, British Columbia
9. Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, Calgary, Alberta
10. The Wickaninnish Inn & Pointe Restaurant, Tofino, British Columbia
The Park Hyatt Toronto also counts among the larger hotels singled out for excellence in service and comfort.
In addition, some small luxury gems exist from coast to coast: The King Pacific Lodge in British Columbia is an exclusive fly-in wilderness destination associated with the Orient-Express chain. Trout Point Lodge of Nova Scotia and the Kingsbrae Arms top the list for Atlantic Canada, while the Windsor Arms fits the bill in Toronto.
The independent travel agency Five Star Alliance has also handpicked luxury choices for Canada.
Post a Comment